Minutes - (Remote) - February 2021
MINUTES OF A REMOTE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 1st FEBRUARY 2021 AT 19.00HRS
Present: Chairperson: H Hughes
G B Jones
A J Morris
D Pryce Jones
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
5 Members of the Public.
229. Cllr M Griffiths.
230. Andrea Hughes remains concerned for pedestrian safety whilst stepping onto the road in an attempt to adhere to the 2m rule and the ongoing issue of speeding of cars though the high street.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
231. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
232. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote monthly meeting held on 4 January 2021 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Jones. All members voted in favour.
MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING HELD ON 25 JANUARY 2021
233. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote extraordinary meeting held on January 25 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Pryce Jones and seconded by Cllr Bainbridge. All members voted in favour.
234. Road Closure at Dolybont. Minute 202. No reply has been received as yet.
235. Broken bench at Heol Aberwennol. Minute 203. Cllr Pryce Jones confirmed that Mr Rob Hunt is prepared to carry out the repair works.
236. Coronavirus. Regular updates from One Voice Wales, Welsh Government and Ceredigion County Council.
237. One Voice Wales, Welsh Government and Ceredigion County Council. All correspondence received during the month has been forwarded to all Councillors by e-mail. No issues were raised.
238. Other Correspondence. Welsh Blood Service, Ecodyfi. No issues were raised.
239. Donation Requests. Mynwent y Garn Cemetery, Wales Air Ambulance and Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Urdd Gobaith Cymru.
240. Ysgol Craig yr Wylfa. A thank you letter for their recent donation.
241. Ceredigion Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy. A request to put a communication board in the playground.
242. Non-Gritting of Icy Roads and other issues. A response to a letter from CCC in respect of the non gritting of Clarach Road during icy weather conditions.
243. Covid 19 Vaccinations. A letter from a concerned resident that Hywel Dda University Health Board has put out a message saying that 75+ people will be offered an appointment for their vaccination at the Thomas Parry Library. The concern is that those who don’t drive will have to either use public transport or arrange a taxi.
244. Balance of Accounts at 13 January 2021
Community Acct 16,880.11
Business No Notice Acct 15,341.21
Deposit Account 3,669.01
Community Account – rent of Land at Gerydon 100.00
Community Account – playground grant 10350.00
Scottish Power Wayleaves 79.41
246. Expenditure – Members resolved to pay the following:
Audit Wales – audit 2019/20 262.25
M Walker-salary £522.20, off exp £9.99 532.19
Cyngor Cymuned Genau’r Glyn – bench slats 18.00
Heledd Davies – translation January & EGM minutes 95.90
Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Jones with all members voting in favour.
247. Application for Planning Permission.
A201076. Proposed rear extension and balcony to front elevation and alterations. Seren y Mor, High Street, Borth.
Borth Community Council discussed this at length and requested a site visit. Concerns were raised at the possible loss of light to adjacent properties at the rear and to the proposed balcony on the front of the property which will overlook the properties on the other side of the road. This will be an intrusion on their privacy.
A210021. Removal/Variation of condition 2 of planning permission D1.227.86 – all year round occupation. Sea Rivers Caravan Park, Ynyslas, Borth. Whilst Borth Community Council is fully supportive of the tourist industry we do have reservations that this will facilitate all year round year living as primary residence. If this application is granted BCC would want an assurance that this would be managed.
It was proposed by Cllr Pryce Jones, seconded by Cllr Davies with all members voting in favour to submit their concerns.
248. The Clerk confirmed that co-option notices to fill a vacancy had been put up in all noticeboards and that she has received one application to date.
249. There was concern at flooding in Cae Gwylan and the ongoing flooding on the road by the Golf Course during heavy rain last week. Cllr Jones said that the Council needs to have a strategy for Borth and to work alongside various authorities to come up with a long term plan. Cllr Bryn Jones was asked to draft a letter to CCC, NRW and Welsh Water. It was also suggested that in order to move forward that the Council form a sub group.
250. Work has begun to clean the ditch around the playing fields area and will commence once their vole licence has been renewed.
251. The grant money of £10,350 has been received for additional piece of equipment and for repair works. The installation of the new equipment will be carried out as soon as it is safe to do so.
252. All signs are now in place.
SOCIAL DISTANCING ALONG BORTH HIGH STREET
253. Cllr Quant to follow up with CCC.
254. The Chair extended his thanks to Mr Mark Williams for his contribution to the letter sent as per minute 230/21. The defibrillators are up and running with new batteries and both defibs have been registered with Welsh Ambulance.
255. Cllr Bainbridge has received an e-mail from Carol Fielding detailing an opportunity for organisations in Ceredigion to apply for a Ceredigion Nature Partnership Project Grant Fund 2020/2021. Cllr Dalton proposed that the Council apply for the grant; this was seconded by Cllr Bainbridge with all members voting in favour. Cllr Bainbridge informed members that a carnival meeting has been arranged for Monday 15th February.
Cllr Dalton reminded members that Borth Family Centre is now known as Borth Community Hub. The dog signs at both entry points to the football fields have been removed.
Cllr Pryce Jones advised members that Louis de la Haye and Peter Davies have taken on the responsibility for closing the flood gates by the RNLI. Works to repair and replace the coping stones at the southern end of the village has yet to begin.
Cllr Davies said that everyone should avoid dangerous sports which can result in the RNLI and Coastguard being called out. Work is currently being carried out to the tennis courts.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
256. Cllr Quant gave a detailed coronavirus update and informed members that Ben Lake MP and Elin Jones AS joined the weekly CCC update. He was pleased to announce that the virus is under control in Ceredigion with 10.3% having already been vaccinated.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
257. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 1 March 2021 to include Council Vacancy/Co-option of new member onto Council, Donations, Flooding and Ditches, Playground, Boat Park and Social Distancing along Borth High Street. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk. Cllr Hughes will issue a link to the meeting in advance.
- Hits: 1083