Minutes - (Remote) - January 2021
198. Cllrs R Davies and M Griffiths.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
200. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
201. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote monthly meeting held on 7 December 2020 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Tweedy. All members voted in favour.
202. Road Closure at Dolybont. Minute 174. Ongoing.
203. Broken bench at Heol Aberwennol. Minute 175. Dealt with under County Cllr report.
204. Coronavirus. Regular updates from One Voice Wales, Welsh Government and Ceredigion County Council.
205. One Voice Wales, Welsh Government and Ceredigion County Council. All correspondence received during the month has been forwarded to all Councillors by e-mail. No issues were raised.
206. Other Correspondence. Ecodyfi, Ceredigion Citizens Advice-Rural Reach Project, Cylch y’r Iaith and Seasons Greetings from the Police & Crime Commissioner. No issues were raised and no action required.
207. Audit Wales. A document has been produced on the introduction of the new three year programme for the audit of community and town councils. Borth CC will have a basic audit for years 2020-21 and 2022-23 and a full audit for years 2021-22.
208. Disabled access onto the beach. A query regarding disabled access onto the beach at the north end of the village has been to CCC officers in the Economy and Regeneration Service as the management of beaches is one of the functions for which they have responsibility.
209. Donation Request. Tincer. All donation requests are dealt with in March.
210. Borth Sports & Playing Fields Association. A request for the £8000 set aside in the budget towards the upkeep of the community hall. Cllr Jones proposed that the £8000 be paid in full, seconded by Cllr James with all members voting in favour.
211. Ysgol Graig yr Wylfa. A request for the funding of £2000 allocated in the 2020/21 budget. The money will be used to ensure that the current Breakfast Club provision can continue in the school. Cllr Morris proposed that the £2000 be paid, seconded by Cllr Pryce Jones with all members voting in favour.
212. Non Salting and Gritting on Clarach Road. A letter from a local resident expressing concerns that Clarach Road has not been gritted and that slipping on icy surfaces is now an urgent hazard especially as there are no pavements along that stretch of road. It was agreed to send a letter to CCC asking them to reconsider gritting the road.
213. Network Rail. A letter from Network Rail informing the Council that they will soon be locking the vehicle access gates at Capel Seion private level crossing.
217. Application for Planning Permission.
BUDGET AND PRECEPT
218. The Clerk distributed up to date expenditure and balance figures up to the 3Ist December 2020 together with a financial plan for 2021/22 which was presented and discussed in detail by Cllr Quant. It was resolved to budget as follows for the financial period 2021/22.
219. It was resolved to approve the budget and to set the precept at 55% which amounted to £20,047.50. Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Jones with all members present voting in favour. The Chairman extended his thanks to Cllr Quant for his assistance in preparing the budget figures.
220. This will be discussed as an agenda item at the March meeting of Council.
221. A total of £8550 grant funding has been approved for a parent, toddler and baby swing. A grant of £5000 was approved last year for a 2 bench swing and basket and it is hopeful that both items will be installed at the same time. Lappsett have quoted a sum of £1800 + vat for repair works following the ROSPA report and an application for a further grant for those works was approved by Council.
SOCIAL DISTANCING ALONG BORTH HIGH STREET
DISABLED ACCESS ONTO BEACH
224. See minute 208. CCC is looking to acquire special wheelchairs with extra large wheels for beach access and Cllr Jones wondered whether Borth could be provided with one for disabled members of the public.
225. Cllr Hughes has become aware that a number of commemorative plaques have appeared on several benches in the village and that there should be a firm policy in place with regards to putting plaques on the benches. He suggested an audit of all benches and a programme of works for repairs, painting etc. This will be an agenda item to be discussed in the March meeting. Cllr Hughes has agreed to check the pads on the defibrillators. The access gates onto the beach by the RNLI are being left open at times and it was agreed to find two named people to check that the gates are shut when there is warning of high tides.
226. Cllr Bainbridge has recently attended a Summit to the Sea workshop and a Gorwelion meeting.
Cllr Pryce Jones reported that there is a blocked drain opposite the Premier.
Cllr Jones informed members that Martine Ormerod worked with a group of older people and she was enquiring as to whether they could look after any flowerbeds that weren’t being attended to. Cllr Dalton suggested two opposite the Premier. All students returning to Aberystwyth following the Christmas holidays will be tested and put into isolation.
Cllr James queried waste collection.
Cllr Tweedy mentioned that the probation service is looking for projects around the village.
Cllr Dalton suggested sending a congratulations card to Helen Williams following her award in the New Years Honours list.
The Clerk made reference to the ongoing Council Vacancy. This will be put on the agenda next month.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
227. Cllr Quant gave an update on coronavirus figures etc. He has sourced slats for the broken bench at Heol Aberwennol. He gave a brief update on works to the community hall. Natural Resources Wales have begun work on clearing the ditches around the playing fields. Cllr Quant asked for a letter of support from BCC for the Dyfi Biosphere who is applying for a Lottery “Green Recovery” Grant.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
228. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 1 February 2021 to include Council Vacancy, Ditches, Playground, Boat Park and Social Distancing along Borth High Street. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk. Cllr Hughes will issue a link to the meeting in advance.
- Hits: 1067