Minutes - January 2020
MINUTES OF BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY
HALL ON MONDAY 6 JANUARY 2020 AT 19.00 HRS
Present: Chairperson: R Dalton
G B Jones
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
3 Members of the Public.
256. Cllrs M Griffiths, D Pryce Jones, A J Morris and D Tweedy.
257. Mr Graham Taylor wished to thank everyone for their concern during his recent stay in hospital.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
258. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
259. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the monthly meeting held on 2 December 2019 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Davies and seconded by Cllr James. All members voted in favour.
261. One Voice Wales. Details of a consultation on proposed changes to planning fees.
OVW Practice and National Awards Conference 2020.
262. Welsh Government. Details of the statutory guidance relating to the Playing Fields Regulations 2015.
Natural Resources Bulletin December 2019.
Health and Social Services newsletter.
263. Ceredigion County Council. BT payphone removal consultation – part 3. It was agreed to send a response objecting to the removal of the payphone at Ynyslas and the one on the site of the old village hall.
264. Ecodyfi. Minutes of the 2018 AGM and this years report for the Ecodyfi AGM and forum.
265. Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Commissioner. 2020/21 Police Precept Consultation.
266. Ysgol Graig yr Wylfa. See minute 241. A letter with further details in respect of funding received from various sources.
267. Donations. A request from Capel y Garn Cemetery, Y Tincer and Llanilar Football Club for financial assistance.
268. Ceredigion County Council. Details of road closures including Clarach Road from the 13th January to the 7th February.
269. Ceredigion County Council. Details of a consultation on CCC’s Strategic Equality Plan – A Fair and Equal Ceredigion 2020-24.
270. Heather Strange. A copy of the response from CCC in respect of recent issues raised.
271. Complaint. An e-mail addressed to the clerk disputing the contents of previous correspondence in respect of changing the on/off times of the street lighting.
272. Clerks & Councils Direct. Monthly newsletter.
273. Balance of Accounts at 13 December 2019
Community Acct 12,970.99
Business No Notice Acct 14.131.02
Deposit Account 3,585.33
Community A/C – RNLI rent 500.00
Deposit A/C – gross int to 5/12/19 1.79
Business No Notice A/C – gross int to 5/12/19 7.04
275. Expenditure – Members resolved to pay the following:
Heledd Davies – translation Dec minutes 59.00
M Walker –salary £508, off exp £8.99 516.99
HMRC – PAYE Oct, Nov, Dec 381.00
276. Application for Full Planning Permission
BUDGET AND PRECEPT
277. The Clerk distributed up to date expenditure and balance figures up to the 3Ist December 2019 together with a financial plan for 2020/21 which was presented and discussed in detail by Cllr Quant. It was resolved to budget as follows for the financial period 2020/21.
Clerks Salary 7770.00
Office Expenses 200.00
Clerks Gratuity Fund 80.00
Chairpersons Allowance 200.00
Winter Maintenance 400.00
Amenities – Hall Revenue 8000.00
Community & Arts Facilities 2400.00
Audit Fee 350.00
Toilets adj to RNLI – winter opening 4500.00
Ysgol Craig yr Wylfa 2000.00
278. It was resolved to approve the budget and to set the precept at 60% which amounted to £21870.00. Proposed by Cllr Bryn Jones and seconded by Cllr John James with all members present voting in favour.
BOAT PARK LEASE
279. An e-mail sent by Emma following decisions made at the last meeting was distributed to Councillors prior to the meeting. Emma has agreed to accept the transfer of the lease and will be responsible for establishing ownership of the boats/trailers etc. Borth Community Council agreed that any payment incurred for the “disposal of unclaimed/non-compliant boats, trailers and kit should be recognised in the lease as being a one-off cost payable by them in lieu of clearing the site before the lease is assigned”. Cllr Bainbridge gave a brief update on a recent meeting she had with Emma where photographs were taken of all the boats etc. Members resolved to accept the terms put forward by Emma. This was proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr James with all members voting in favour. Evidence of unequivocal rights, Public Liability Insurance and Cesser of Business clause were dealt with and approved under minute 247/19. The Clerk was asked to write to Huw Bates Solicitor to amend the Draft Lease for consideration at the February meeting.
BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL LOGO
282. It was proposed by Cllr Davies and seconded by Cllr Jones to use the current design on the mayoral chain as a logo to be used by BCC. Cllr Quant said he would contact the graphics department at CCC.
ANNUAL COUNCIL DINNER
283. Following a brief discussion it was agreed to hold the annual dinner at the Railway Hotel on Thursday 13th February.
284. Cllr Dalton gave a brief update on the recent PACT meeting where the main topic was speeding at Glanwern.
285. Cllr Bainbridge gave a brief update on a very successful visit to the village by Father Christmas. She is also currently getting quotes for replacing equipment in the play area as part of a lottery grant. Cllr Bainbridge also mentioned that Ynyslas bus shelter needs hosing down once again, there was a reduced bus service over the Christmas period and she will now be attending Gorwelion meetings as a member of the CHC.
Cllr Davies updated members on road signs at Glanwern.
Cllr James mentioned problems with waste collection over the holiday period. The hedge overhanging the footpath going up Clarach Hill has been cut, however the pavement needs cleaning of slippery green residue.
Cllr Hughes is following up on defib training by Welsh Hearts.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
286. Cllr Quant gave an update on the community hall whereby the front door needs replacing and there is currently a problem with the chair lift.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
287. There being no further business the Chairman closed the public meeting at 9pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 3 February 2020 to include Summit to Sea presentation, Boat Park Lease, Footpaths, Emergency Plan, Borth Community Council Logo, Council Vacancy and VE Day. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk.
- Hits: 1688