Minutes - (Remote) - October 2020
MINUTES OF A REMOTE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 5th OCTOBER 2020 AT 19.00HRS
Present: Chairperson: H Hughes
G B Jones
A J Morris
D Pryce Jones
In Attendance: County Cllr: R P Quant
Clerk: M Walker
3 Members of the Public.
97. Cllr M Griffiths.
CO-OPTION OF MEMBER ONTO COUNCIL
98. Following guidance from OVW and CCC it was confirmed that Mr John James could be co-opted onto Council. The Chairman Cllr Hugh Hughes invited Mr John James to rejoin the Council. He swore the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and was welcomed back as a member of Borth Community Council.
99. Dr Andrea Hughes asked whether Borth Community Council was addressing the flooding issues within the village. She is also concerned that local residents don’t appear to be supporting BCC as there were only a few hits on the website.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
100. To remind Cllrs concerning of any matters of interest that may arise during the meeting.
MINUTES OF THE MONTHLY MEETING
101. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote monthly meeting held on 7 September 2020 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Pryce-Jones and seconded by Cllr Morris. All members voted in favour.
MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING
102. It was resolved to confirm the minutes of the remote extraordinary meeting held on 18 September 2020 as being a true record. Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Morris. All members voted in favour.
103. PPE for the Family Centre. Minute 93. Ongoing.
104. Coronavirus. Regular updates from One Voice Wales, Welsh Government and Ceredigion County Council.
105. One Voice Wales. Details of “Prosiect Fory”.
Fly-tipping Action Wales and how to access printable awareness raising posters etc.
Details of Parking Scam e-mails affecting residents within the Dyfed Powys Police Authority.
September 2020 bulletin.
A written statement from the Minister for Housing and Local Government on Phase 2 of the Diversity in Democracy programme.
An invitation to join the WG and regional partners of Mid Wales and South West Wales in shaping the future economy.
Details of webinars which are being run as part of the first online community-led housing festival.
Details of remote training sessions for October.
106. Welsh Government. September 2020 issue of Natural Resources Bulletin.
Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales draft annual report consultation-February 2021.
Information on how organisers can plan Remembrance Day 2020 given the current Covid 19 situation.
107. Ceredigion County Council. Details of a consultation on the Aberaeron Coastal Defence Scheme.
A letter from CCC in response to a request for a meeting to discuss Borth – Safe Zones. Only essential site visits/meetings are taking place at present but the matter will be kept under review until such a time when a meeting is possible.
Details of the 2021 St Davids Awards. Nominations must be received by the 15th October.
Details of a “Be Mighty, Recycle” campaign to get Wales to number 1 as the best recycling country.
108. Fields in Trust. Latest news.
109. Shrewsbury Aberystwyth Rail Liaison Committee. Details of forthcoming meetings.
110. Mid & West Wales Fire and Rescue Authority. Details of their draft corporate plan 2021-2026.
111. Community Hub. A request from Helen Williams to address the Council at a future meeting to discuss the need for a community hub in Borth. It was agreed to invite Helen to the November meeting.
112. Playing Fields. An e-mail from BUFC regarding the state of the centre section between the two football pitches and the area behind the west end goal of the 2nd pitch. Cllr Quant has requested a site meeting with Welsh Water.
113. Litter on Borth Beach. An e-mail from a visitor to Borth expressing delight and pleasure at how clean they found Borth beach.
114. Borth Emergency Plan Booklet. The Council has received a quotation for 250 booklets, A4 finished would be £171.25 or A5 finished would be £121.25. Cllr Bryn Jones proposed and Cllr Rhydian Davies seconded setting aside a budget of up to £650 for enough booklets for each household in Borth and Ynyslas. All members voted in favour.
115. Council Vacancy. The Clerk has received notices for the noticeboards advertising a vacancy on the Council.
116. Ceredigion County Council. The Clerk has received the annual service level agreement between CCC and Borth Community Council for the cleaning of the toilet block by the RNLI which is to be signed by the Chair of BCC. Cllr Bainbridge proposed and Cllr James seconded that BCC continues with the agreement. All members voted in favour.
117. Copy letter to CCC. Details of complaints/enquiries concerning CCC Highways and Employees.
118. Ynyslas. A copy of a thank you letter to CCC for installing a drain to the estuary approach road at Ynyslas and a further request that the section of road could be assessed for possible drainage work. Also a request for a road sign to the east of the railway crossing at Ynyslas.
119. Balance of Accounts at 13 September 2020
Community Acct 16,450.74
Business No Notice Acct 15,340.83
Deposit Account 3,668.92
Deposit Account – Gross int to 3/9/20 0.09
Business No Notice – gross int to 3/9/20 0.37
121. Expenditure – Members resolved to pay the following:
Philip Dalton – Work carried out to bus shelters 225.00
R Dalton – purchase 6 x dog signs 46.67
HMRC – PAYE, July, Aug, Sept 402.00
M Walker-salary £522.00, off exp 7.99 529.99
Heledd Davies – translation Sept minutes & extraordinary meeting minutes 119.80
Proposed by Cllr Bainbridge and seconded by Cllr Pryce Jones with all members voting in favour.
122. Application for Full Planning Permission.
A200772. Erwau Glas, Princess Street, Borth. Erection of Garage. Cllr Morris declared an interest. No observations or objections.
123. This item was dealt with in the extraordinary meeting held on the 18th September (minute 92). All banners have been taken down and stored until next year and all signs have been put up around the playing fields.
124. There are concerns over reopening the playground due to Covid 19 and also some of the equipment requires repair works and replacing. Members agreed to delay the reopening until all repairs have been carried out and reasonable measures taken to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
125. All rusty frames and old tyres have been removed.
SOCIAL DISTANCING ALONG BORTH HIGH STREET
126. CCC has given BCC permission to put 2 metre stickers on the blue signs around the village which will be done before half term. It was resolved to set aside the sum of £50, proposed by Cllr Jones, seconded by Cllr Davies. All members voted in favour.
127. Cllr Hughes informed members that repair works to the bank of the River Leri have begun.
128. Cllr Bainbridge gave a brief update on a recent meeting of CHC to discuss Gorwelion. Ysgol Graig yr Wylfa will be interviewing for classroom assistants shortly. A sum of £5000 will be distributed from carnival funds to local groups this year.
Cllr Dalton is concerned that the coping stones opposite Pebbles have not been replaced and some are loose by the public toilets. Cllr Quant said he would speak to CCC.
Cllr James said that following a landslide at Wallog the section of coastal path has now reopened.
Cllr Pryce Jones will provide a figure for the amount raised to date towards the National Eisteddfod in readiness for the next Council meeting. Borth pledged to raise the sum of £5000 through fund raising events and BCC resolved to make up any shortfall in monies raised.
Cllr Davies informed members that the AGM of the BSPFA has been postponed for the time being.
Cllr Jones said that flu jab letters were in the process of being sent to those eligible.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
129. Cllr Quant said that speeding remains an issue on Clarach Road and there is more traffic at present due to traffic lights in Bow Street. The Golf Club has asked for works to be done to the sea defences but have had no response from NRW. Cllr Quant gave a brief update on extensive flooding in Ceredigion and an update on Covid 19.
NEXT MEETING AND MATTERS FOR AGENDA
130. There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 8.55pm. Agenda items for the next meeting to be held on Monday 2 November 2020 to include Borth Community Hub, National Eisteddfod, Playground, Boat Park and Social Distancing along Borth High Street. Any other items are to be notified to the Clerk. Cllr Hughes will issue a link to the meeting in advance.
- Hits: 1233