Minutes - (remote) - Extraordinary Meeting September 2020
MINUTES OF THE REMOTE EXTROADINARY MEETING OF THE BORTH COMMUNITY COUNCIL HELD ON FRIDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 19.00 HOURS.
Present: Chairperson H Hughes
G. B. Jones
A J Morris
D Pryce Jones
In Attendance County Cllr: R P Quant
3 members of the public
91. Cllrs M Griffiths, D Tweedy and the Clerk M Walker. Cllr Dalton took the minutes of the meeting.
PUBLIC PLACES PROTECTION ORDERS
92. These are reviewed by Ceredigion Council every 3 years. The two orders up for review are:
A. No dogs on the southern part of the beach from the life boat station to the cliff between 1st May - 30th September.
B. Dogs to be on a lead at all times on the promenade in the north part of the village.
It was resolved that Borth CC agreed for Ceredigion CC to renew both orders. Proposed by Cllr Pryce Jones and seconded by Cllr Davies. All members voted in favour.
PPE FOR THE FAMILY CENTRE
93. In these Covid virus times if there needs to be an emergency evacuation it will be an evolving plan. The hall may be used but The Family Centre is the first choice. However it can only take a limited number of persons.
To be prepared it was decided
A. To purchase an emergency set of face 50 masks, 50 gloves and sanitiser to be used if an evacuation occurred.
B. To have a £20 fund for the provision of tea, coffee etc.
94. Application of Removal/ Variation of conditions.
A200691. Cambrian Coast Caravan Park, Ynyslas, Borth. SY24 5JU. Variation of condition on planning permissions 142/5, D1.1573.78, D1.979.82, D1.79.92 and CSDA21/049297 to allow holiday homes to be occupied between 1st March and 28th February each year.
Concern was expressed by the Council members that this would lead to the site being residential rather than a holiday park. It was resolved to get further clarification on how the site would not become residential as there are flooding issues on the roads into Borth and this could put extra weight onto our emergency evacuation plan. This was proposed by Cllr Jones and seconded by Cllr Davies. All voted in favour.
COUNTY COUNCILLOR UPDATE
95. Cllr Quant gave a Covid update on the situation in hospitals and schools in Ceredigion. If there is a Covid breakout then the County Council has to do a deep clean on the premises. The ongoing situation with the possible breach off the Lerry to the local business Cwtch -ni is being dealt with by NRW.
96. There being no further business the Chairperson closed the meeting at 19.53 hrs.
- Hits: 1856